Pokemon Games World

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cloning Pokemon is also POSSIBLE on Meboy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EliteLuther

PostSubject: Cloning Pokemon is also POSSIBLE on Meboy   Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:52 pm

First please bear with my english. I'm sure many of you knew or have heard of the clonning method in the first two generations of our beloved game, Pokemon, on GB and GBC. And I'm sure many have tried but failed to do the same trick on Meboy, just like me. But I tell you this, it's actually possible! I discovered this on my own a month ago. If any of you guys know this already then please let me know. Note: when I say 'SAVE' I'm talking about the save button in the actual game, and I will use 'SUSPEND' for the Meboy option. So here's how it goes, first SAVE the game in front of the PC, then deposit the Pokemon you want to clone(you can also attach an item you want to clone). Now SUSPEND the game while still accessing the PC, then change box. When the 'SAVING DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER.' appears, quickly press option and exit. Go to 'start game' and continue the saved game. Check your party and box if you succeeded in cloning. If not, just exit the game and go to 'Resume' and select your suspended game and repeat the process until you get it right. When you succeed on cloning a Pokemon, SUSPEND the game so that it will be accessible in the Resume menu.

Personally, I reset the frame skip to normal (3) when cloning so I can time it easier. And I wait for the 'SAVING DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER.' message to fully appear and then exit the game half a second after the dot.

You can also apply this trick to get all three starters, just be sure not to save in front of the pc but rather before you receive your starter.

You can also use vitamins and TMs on the pokemon you want to clone, so that when you succeed in cloning, the pokemon in the BOX has all the benefits while still retaining the used items in your bag.

I hope this made sense to you guys. Pardon my poor english.

EliteLuther

Last edited by EliteLuther on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poor grammar)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EliteLuther

PostSubject: Re: Cloning Pokemon is also POSSIBLE on Meboy   Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:51 pm

I've done this dozens of times already and I was able to get all Johto starters, have 10 stocks of each vitamins even before I defeated Whitney, pile up TMs, clone Master Balls so many enough I use Master Balls even on non-legendaries, and more.

Last edited by EliteLuther on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong grammar)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EliteLuther

PostSubject: Re: Cloning Pokemon is also POSSIBLE on Meboy   Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:34 pm

Oh, you can also do this to get multiple Odd Eggs. SAVE before talking to the daycare man on your first visit, then deposit the Odd Eggs to your PC. SUSPEND the game then change box and perform thd trick. Go to 'Start Game' then 'Continue' you should be where you were when you SAVED and has yet to receive the Odd Egg. When you check your PC you should have an Odd Egg. Now, SUSPEND and talk to the daycare man to receive another Odd Egg. You can do this as many times as you want to get a good chance on hatching different Pokemon. Be sure to SUSPEND when you succeed so that if you fail to do it again you can always retry. WARNING: This is MULTIPLE RECEIVING not CLONING. IF you clone an Egg as it is, you will hatch the same Pokemon. This is because the pokemon inside is randomly selected before you receive the Egg not before it hatches.
I received 14 Odd Eggs this way. Interestingly enough, when you try to do this before receiving an Egg you bred(in hopes of saving time on hatching a high stats pokemon), the hatched pokemon will always get the same gender and stats, so don't try it unless you want to see it for yourself which I think is fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cloning Pokemon is also POSSIBLE on Meboy   

Back to top Go down

Cloning Pokemon is also POSSIBLE on Meboy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Forum :: General Discussion :: Gameboy Color / Meboy-
Jump to: